The Baby Room at Kings Way Nursery provides warmth, fun and security for children under 1 years old. It is important for children of this age to receive continuity of care between nursery and home. Therefore, the nursery staff will ensure your child’s familiar routine is maintained. The staff encourages the babies to freely explore and enjoy their play activities in a safe, relaxed environment allowing them to develop their confidence, independence and learning. A variety of resources, activities and experiences for children under 1 year in line with the Pre-Birth including:
- Music, songs, rhymes, to copy actions and musical instruments to explore different concepts such as loud and soft, fast and to get different facial expressions from the different sounds of music.
- ‘Peek-a-boo’ and other simple interactive games to encourage social interaction.
- Treasure Baskets (baskets containing sensory items with different textures, sounds and smells).
- Extensive selection of books, stories and rhymes which helps to develop communication and language.
- Sand play, water play, paint, play dough help develop creativity and is a sensory experience for young children.
- Outside fun – Taking the children outside. Let them feel different surfaces, let them sit and crawl on the grass, feel stones and leaves with supervision.