In our 1 year – 2 years room, the staff have to provide the quality experiences your child needs at this stage, as they begin to assert their independence and individuality.
- Music, songs, rhymes, musical instruments, action songs develop language skills, physical development and expression through music
- Your child will be encouraged to access resources and exercise freedom of choice about the activities they wish to participate in.
- Stimulating conversation, interactive play and learning to socialize, share and make friends is all part of the day.
- Walks and outdoor play for health, fitness, physical development and learning about ‘the world around us’.
- Experimental Play (play using everyday objects such as wooden spoons and pans which encourages curiosity and exploration and offers opportunities to categorize and compare)
- Toilet training: The nursery staff will support your child through toilet training and developing independence at meal times in a secure, loving environment.